Website traffic is one of the most crucial part for the success of any new business venture. Whether you are a shop keeper or an online service provider or a blogger if you do not have regular visitors to your website, you cannot sustain your business for long. There are various different ways of getting website traffic to your websites some very basic, others not so much. Here we are going to discuss one of the most effective way, still unknown to many, of how to increase web site traffic: StumbleUpon.
But first thing first, let’s be clear no matter how good the marketing campaigns are, your car would not sell if it does not have an engine! Same way all these tools and techniques would be of no use if you do not have something good to capture the attention of your audience. Poorly written content will do you more harm than good, so be careful about that. A reader can easily hit that unlike button if you are not careful about it. Good quality content is the driving engine that you must have if you want to increase your website traffic.
So where to start from? What kind of content gets most hits on StumbleUpon? How do I find it? Here are the steps which if you follow properly, can significantly improve the traffic on your website:
- To get started and find out what content should I prepare for StumbleUpon, go to http://www.stumbleupon.com/search?q=keyword and replace the ‘keyword’ with your industry. Look out for what kind of content is there already on StumbleUpon and how people are responding to it.
- Second thing, add StumbleUpon share badge to your posts. If your readers do not find a button to share, it is highly unlikely that they will go through all the trouble of opening multiple tabs and copy-pasting just to share your content. You can find the coding for StumbleUpon badge here. The easier you make it for people to share your content, the more are the chances that they will share it!
- Create clean web pages. Most of the people forget to see the importance of creating clean and creative web pages and stuff them with everything they’ve got. Well if your reader can’t focus, he won’t read it no matter how good your content is. Always remember, the content on your web page must be crystal clear!
- Use StumbleUpon link shortner for your content share. StumbleUpon has its own link shortner pr. Use it! When someone clicks on the link with this link shortner, he will get redirected to your website with a StumbleUpon toolbox at the top of the page where he can like the page and share it further.
- Build your social network on StumbleUpon! Just like Twitter, StumbleUpon also has following and follow-back system. If you have enough followers, you can easily share your content directly with your followers and let them know about your content. To begin with find followers who have similar interests as yours. You can find out such users here: http://www.stumbleupon.com/discover/keyword/. Replace ‘keyword’ with your field of interest and it will show you all the users having the same interest as yours. When you visit their profile, checkout their compatibility with your interests from the graphics at the top right corner of your screen. This will show you how much the Stumbler is aligned with your subject of interest. Follow the users who are more compatible with your profile and who follow more number of people in order to increase your chances of getting a follow-back. Also do not forget to complete your profile as incomplete profiles do not get much attraction from other Stumblers.
- Once you have enough followers, share your content with them. You will also receive similar share requests from your followers, do not forget to go through their shares and like and send appreciation This will highly increase the chances of your content to get shared more among your network the next time you post something.
In digital marketing, there is no 100% guarantee that a particular trick will work. Sometimes even the most elaborate and descriptive plans fail. So if even after doing all this, you feel that this does not work up to your expectations or if you want to speed up the process and do not wait for organic results, you can always use StumbleUpon Paid Discovery services. Unlike Facebook, StumbleUpon Paid Discovery actually lets users interested in your topic to go to your website. The Paid service is offered in three plans which you can choose from according to your needs and budget.